– The lower realm of the death zone at 5,500m/ 18,044ft. Above this height, nothing can survive; digestive system starts shutting down and body is literally dying.
– Be able to adapt to the low levels of oxygen, with the correct acclimatization schedule and also to have done weight and endurance training.
– Climbing Mera peak requires excellent physical conditioning and requires months of training in advance.
– Have previous altitude trekking/climbing experience above 5,000m.
– Cross a glacier with crevasse fields. Will need to manage breathing and temperature in a low oxygen environment, in order to be proficient in using crampons, harness, and an ice ax.